TOP FIVE SOURCES OF NEWS AND INFORMATION

With the world becoming more and more technologically driven, there are numerous news sources where one can obtain information. This info could range anywhere from the national news to your local sports team's score from the ballgame last night. Today, I am going to list my top five news sources that I use for myself, and maybe you will check them out too!

5. ESPN
ESPN is a cable network and news site that focuses solely on sports. Based in the United States, they claim to be the "worldwide leader in sports," and they make a pretty good argument. I like using ESPN because I know their sources are legitimate. They have insiders all around the world ready to get the scoop on each headline that's ready to drop. They are quite reliable and is a safe source for your sports needs. However, I rank it at #5 for a few reasons. Firstly, its only reliable for sports news, they don't do anything else. Secondly, they aren't exactly the fastest. There are other places online (some of those I you will read soon) where you can get information even faster than ESPN. But for its reliability and general coverage, it makes my top 5. 


Snapchat isn't exactly a typical news source, but it's one that many of younger generations are using to keep up with their peers. For some, its a way of talking to your friends. For others, you may wanna see what people around you are posting, or what your best friend posted on their story. Regardless, its a way of gathering information. Due to its popularity and usage (by myself and others), it takes a spot on my list. But, I refuse to place it any higher due to the fact that it is incredibly rare to find any "true news" on the app.

3. YouTube 
YouTube is a site that needs no explanation. YouTube is a really great place to find videos of, well anything. Big news sources can post videos on this site and people can easily find them if they are subscribed to their channel or with a quick search term. While YouTube's primary usage isn't from news sites and insiders, it is a rather reliable source of news, as long as you avoid troll accounts intending to spread misinformation. 


2. Google News 
Google has its own place to find all the most recent and popular news headlines. Coverage of anything anyone might need all in one place. One thing I love about Google News is how it can adjust it's home page to be accustomed to your interests. If you typically view sports news, the "For you" page will show more sports. If you're into politics, then Google News will have it ready for you. Google News is a very good place to read the news and would be ranked #1 on my list if it weren't for one other site...


1. Twitter 
Twitter is my #1 source for gathering information and news. I am practically addicted to Twitter, as I typically check it at least a dozen times a day. It is, in my opinion, the fastest way to find news for whatever you may need. Faster than ESPN, Google News, anything. Twitter is almost always the place where news breaks first. While Twitter might be the fastest way to find news, you have to be careful. Twitter is very susceptible to trolls faking to be influential people/persons trying to spread misinformation. Despite that though, if you stay careful and follow the real people, Twitter is far and away the best site I think anybody can use for news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EOTO COMM TECH LINE - CASSETTE TAPES

PRIVACY, ON AND OFFLINE

LIVING IN THE AGE OF AI